The seminars of this series are intended for undergraduate students, faculty and members of the community interested in the sciences. Please come if you are interested in learning something about the universe, our home. If you are a student considering graduate studies or research opportunities, you are particularly encouraged to attend. We also organize informal meetings. All presentations will start at 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 3rd in Room AC1-107. Dr. Nick Moscovitz, astronomer at Lowell Observatory, presents "Fire in the Sky - Meteor Tracking at Lowell Observatory"
- Friday, March 10th in Room AC1-107. Dr. Danny Jacobs, postdoctoral research fellow at ASU, presents "New Horizons in Experimental Astrophysics: Exoplanets and the Cosmic Dawn"
- Monday, March 20th in Room AC1-107. Dr. Kei Kotake, associate professor at Fukuoka University in Japan, presents a talk on the nuclear astrophysics of core-collapse supernovae
- Friday, March 31st in Room AC1-107. Dr. Temuulen Sankey, assistant professor at NAU, presents "Environmental remote sensing with UAV-based 2D and 3D imagery"
- Friday, April 7th in Room AC1-107. Dr. Andri Gretarsson, associate professor at ERAU, presents "Advanced Backyard Radio Astronomy"
- Friday, April 14th in Room AC1-107. Dr. Matt Valente, adjunct professor at ERAU, presents "Environmental instability since the late Pleistocene in the Cuatro Cienegas Basin"
Pizza and soft drinks will be provided.